Saturday, February 2, 2008

My first child patient

Today I had my first 1A patient. I also passed of my exam on her. I was really nervous at first that I would not be able to comunicate to them and not be scary. When I was a child I had a very scary hygienst and have vowed not to be one for my patients. I found that as long as I let her see and explain the things that were happing she was really good with being compliant. I also noticed that she was the first person who liked to look in the mirror as I was in her mouth, only problem is that when I asked her to turn her head, she always ended up turning it back so that she could see what was happening. All in all I enjoyed doing her mouth more then an adult! HaHa! As for my goal last time, it is harder then I thought to create a list! Any ideas I would love to hear!

No comments: