Thursday, October 9, 2008

She Came!!!

I got to finish my class 3 today, but this time she was late an hour and a half, not the hour she was the appointment before! I was getting really scared, but then her son called and told me she was on her way. So I was able to get done a 1A before she arrived, that way not a waste of time! So today I finished my requirments for 1A's and sealants! Oh yeah!
I learned so much today about instrumenting from Prof Hanson, it was wonderful being able to have her sit right there with me and correct all by bad habbits that are becoming more permenent every day... I guess I was doing a lot of wrong fulcrums and strokes, but now it makes so much more sense, deposits are so much easier to get off, and so much less tissue trauma! With her watching me at the VA I just might be able to learn how to correctley scale and maybe not fail the boards! Amazing!

My goal for this session is to go home and review lateral pressure and fulcruming, or at least as much as I can on a typodant!

1 comment:

Kami said...

I would not have said that you had a lot of bad habits but rather that you have not had to really apply lateral pressure and other techniques because you didn't have calculus this tenacious before. I am very excited about the progression of your skills and think that you are on track. I love the fact that you had a patient cancel on you because he had to mow the lawn. Those are priorities, ha ha.